Ard Nahoo Eco Retreat recognises that everything we do has an effect upon the environment. We wish to minimise the adverse environmental impact of our activities and to continuously improve our environmental performance, ensuring the sustainability of our actions.
We Aim To…
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation and industry standards;
- Reduce our use of non-renewable resources and of energy produced from such resources
- Reduce and recycle waste wherever practical
- Prevent and minimise pollution
- Use all resources efficiently
- Increase the percentage of recycled materials we use and materials from renewable sources
- Pass on the benefits of improved environmental practice to our staff and guests
We Intend to do this by…
- Reviewing annually our environmental impact to ensure that we maintain high eco-tourism standards and the EU Flower certification.
Specifically we are…
- Conserving energy and water;
- Reducing waste through re-use and recycling;
- Monitoring and reducing our use of non-ecological detergents and disinfectants and replacing them with ecological products;
- Monitoring and reducing our use of dangerous chemicals, and where possible replacing them with environmentally safe products;
- Educating, training and motivating staff to work in an environmentally responsible manner and to play a full part in developing new ideas and initiatives;
- Communicating with our guests and providing information about local landscape, biodiversity and nature conservation measures in our area.
- Optional depending on additional facilities offered…
- We are committed to providing our guests with locally sourced and organic food where possible;
- We are committed to reducing the amount of waste and do not offer individually packaged items;
- Where possible we offer beverages in refillable bottles and not in disposable drink cans.
- We are committed to managing our recreational facilities to the highest environmental standards, paying particular attention to water conservation, energy efficiency, and appropriate use of required chemicals.
- All outdoor recreational and green spaces are managed according to organic farming principles, without the use of pesticides and other chemicals.