This is the foundational module of our 300 hour course and can be taken as a training in its own right. It will provide the yoga student/teacher with a practical way to audit and improve their key teaching skills. Suitable for yoga teachers, trainees and serious yoga practitioners.
This 40 hour module will help the student to
• Access the structure and function of the human body in an easily applicable way by revising/learning the basics of the anatomy of movement
• Learn new (and further develop) their teaching skills in key foundational areas such as voicing, directionality and observation
• Further develop skills and tools to help access a deeper understanding of the structure of key asana.
We will cover
• Introductions and overview of 300/500 hour programme
• Basic anatomy of movement
• The skeleton, joints, spine, anatomical neutral, movement and landmarks
• Foundational teaching skills – Voicing, Directionality and Observation
• Asana Laboratory – key poses explored in depth (this type of study will continue throughout the course)
• An introduction to yoga philosophy
• Sadhana – Practice of asana, pranayama, chanting and mudra
Cost – Registration €400 or €380 Earlybird before 24th February
To book you place, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or Phone: 353 (71) 913 4939