300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
Join us in 2017 for our 300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training course.
This course is a post-graduate programme for those who have completed a 200 hour training.
Taking part in the empowering course will help you deepen your practice and further develop and refine your teaching skills. This is the next step in your yoga education and is for any yoga teacher or trainee who wants to grow in confidence and skill.
How To Register
To Register, you can:
- Download our teacher training application form here.
- Or you can email us for more info and an application form (email@example.com)
If you need a little more convincing:
- You can read about all the modules and dates on this course here.
- If you’re not ready for the Advanced Course just yet, check out details of our 200hr Residential Intensive Teacher Training in August here – or our
- 200hr Part Time Teacher Training details here )
Introduction from Noeleen Tyrrell, Course Director
As yogis/yoginis our practice is our chosen path to help us both remember and recognise our deepest, dearest and highest self. Yoga is the invitation to be everything that you want to be and to reach your highest potential in all aspects of your life. This is a precious gift and one that can be passed on to others through your teaching and example of a fully conscious and caring human being.
This programme will shine the light on your practice and teaching. You will learn the skills and knowledge that will make you a truly great teacher who can speak and teach from an authentic and deep understanding of this ancient system.
When we teach ‘our truth’, when we teach what we truly know then students will recognise this and they too with your guidance can find the courage to be themselves.
On behalf of the staff and faculty at Ard Nahoo I wish you all the best on this journey together.
Om Shanti & Lots of love,
Noeleen Tyrrell – Course Director
About The Yoga Teacher Training Course:
- Award winning Ard Nahoo has been offering yoga and wellbeing retreats, classes and teacher trainings for over 16 years
- Teachers: Noeleen Tyrrell (principal), International teachers Jaye Martin, Bill Mahony & special guest Noah Maze. Home grown talent Mary Mc Dermott and Lauren Hensey Ray (and others)
- This Advanced Yoga Teacher Training course is open to all teachers who have completed our 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training or another suitable training from a recognised school.
- Principal teacher Noeleen Tyrrell will be joined by great teachers both from Ireland and around the world to deliver this exciting programme. This is a one of a kind opportunity to go deeper into your own practice and to bring your yoga education to the next level.
- Join us in this beautiful purpose built yoga environment enveloped by a landscape that invites inspiration, contemplation, awe and creativity.
- This training provides the gateway for taking your love of teaching and all things yoga to the next stage of depth, integration and understanding. This is an opportunity and invitation to you to develop and refine your skills and understanding both in your practice and in your teaching
- The programme format will mostly be 3 and 5 Day modules. We will cover 40 hours over the 5 day modules, (starting on Wednesday and finishing on Sunday). The only exception to this is the August 4 day module with Noah Maze which will be 25 hours approx. 3 Day Modules start at 9am Friday and finish at 5pm Sunday. Be in no doubt that this is a big commitment.
Level 2 – Advanced Teacher Training – Course description
We are dedicated to offering all our students and guest teachers the space, opportunity and freedom to be the best version of themselves that they can be. We will do this by providing a top quality yoga learning environment with some of the best teachers from around Ireland and the world.
This training builds on and develops further both your personal practice and your skills as a teacher. We offer you further ‘yoga tools’ to enrich your own lives and to make this world a better place through the sharing of the practice in the greater community.
This Advanced Teacher Training offers you the opportunity to
- Develop your understanding and practice of asana in a structured and comprehensive way
- Refine and expand your knowledge and practice of anatomy and alignment
- Audit and refine your current teaching skills
- Teach yoga with anatomy and alignment as the focus and starting point
- Shine a light on and improve your teaching skills so that you can become more effective as a teacher
- Learn and improve teaching skills and confidence in key areas – Sequencing, Adjustments, Observation, Theming and leadership
- Learn how to create powerful and well-structured class plans and courses
- Understand the common causes of injury and the means of prevention
- Understand Yoga and its scope as a therapy
- Take an in depth look at the theory and practice of Restorative Yoga
- Develop your connection to understanding of the Subtle Body and improve your confidence to teach the more subtle practices including mantra and meditation
- Explore pranayama and build an authentic connection to your breath
- Study yoga philosophy with one of the worlds leading scholars
- Immerse yourself in the ancient and sacred scripts and texts and find tools to help you and others live happier lives
- Explore yoga ethics and lifestyle
- Take time for contemplation, planning and building the type of future that you dream of. Create a ‘real life’ strategy that aligns with your vision. Examine money, pricing, marketing and the whole enchilada.
- Have fun learning with some of the best yoga teachers in the world
- Develop and shine as a person, yogi and teacher
- Master fundamental teaching skills
- Advance their practice of asana and the more subtle practices
- Have a well grounded understanding of the tradition, philosophy and history of yoga
- Have a deeper understanding of bio mechanics of movement
- Have many new skills to offer their students/communities
- Be a more confident and skilled teacher
Dates (may be subject to change)
March 8th – 12th Module 1 – Heart Centered Body and Soul Immersion – Yoga Philosophy, Asana, Pranayama & Meditation with Noeleen and Bill Mahony (USA)
April 7th – 9th Module 2 – Fundamentals of Yoga Teaching Skills with Noeleen Tyrrell
June 10th – 14th Module 3 – Advanced Asana & Teaching Skills with Noeleen and Jaye Martin (USA)
August 9th – 13th Module 4 – Asana, Myth & Legend with special guest appearance from Noah Maze (USA)
October 20th – 22nd Module 5 – Introduction to Yoga Teaching with Noeleen & Restorative Yoga with Mary Mc Dermott
November 17th – 19th Module 6 – Yoga for Pregnancy (post graduate course)
January 26th – 28th 2018 Module 7 – Yoga Business & Yoga for Women
March 2nd – 4th 2018 Module 8 – – Vinyasa Flow and Yoga Teaching Skills with Noeleen Tyrrell
April 27th – 29th 2018 – Module 9 – Graduation, Workshop presentations/public classes & Celebration
- You will begin your +300 hours with 240 hours onsite/contact hours training over the year from March 2017 to April 2018. Please note that when you compare 300 hour courses it is wise to ask what are the contact hours. Many 300 hour courses have as little as 150 hours class room training.
- Non-contact Hours – The remaining hours will be made up as follows
- Teaching: It is a requirement that you teach your own classes and workshops. Noeleen will support you with any issues or questions as they arise. This can be done by email or by phone.
- Project: Making an in depth study on a subject of your choice. Researching, writing and presenting your findings. Usually this takes the form of a 1.5-2 hour workshop which we will open to the greater Ard Nahoo yoga community
- Reading– deepening your knowledge of key areas such as Anatomy and Philosophy
- Refining your personal practice, your Sadhana to include meditaiton, pranayama, asana and other yogic practices
To register for the full training costs € €3700
All 5 day modules are 40 hours (Wednesday – Sunday 9am – 6pm).
Weekend modules hours may vary but are mostly 23 hours (Friday 9am – 6pm, Saturday 9am – 6pm & Sunday 9am – 5pm)
Prospective students must complete an application form and return the form with a €500 non-refundable application fee. Upon acceptance on the course this fee will be deducted from the full cost of the tuition fee.
Upon satisfactory completion of the course, (including all projects listed above) and final exam graduates will receive a Level 2, Advanced Teacher Training Certificate from Ard Nahoo Yoga School. Ard Nahoo is a registered yoga school at both 200 and 300 level with Yoga Alliance UK.
Student Accommodation – we offer affordable hostel style accommodation for those are travelling.
1 night €35 – 2 nights €30 per night – 3+ nights €25 per night
Media – Lonely Planet Ireland, National Geographic stay list, Eco Eye, Nationwide, 6 One News, Image, Harpers Bazaar, RTE Guide, Irish Times, The Guardian and lots more besides. We have just been shortlisted for the Green Tourism awards!
What our graduates are saying about us…
‘The Yoga Teacher Training course at Ard Nahoo was everything I’d hoped for and so much more. Noeleen is a dedicated, knowledgeable and very experienced yogi. Mix these traits with her gifted teaching qualities and you have a powerful course which also happens to be set in an enchanting and inspirational venue. At all times I felt confidently guided and positively encouraged to reach my full potential not only as a teacher but also in my own yoga practice and life. What an amazing life changing journey! The course was perfectly paced to encourage, challenge and grow our teaching skills and our yoga both on and off the mat. I loved my year at Ard Nahoo and hope to return to further develop my yoga and teaching skills. I highly recommend this course’ Rebecca
What people are saying about Ard Nahoo…
‘Ard Nahoo is one of my dreams come to life. Noeleen has created the perfect place for a cozy retreat by yourself or with a group. I enjoyed teaching the very enthusiastic local community and am already planning my next visit. Great food, beautiful countryside and the warmest hospitality in a gorgeous setting’ Desiree Rumbaugh, International Yoga Teacher
Ard Nahoo Yoga – Mission Statement
We aim to offer all our students, guests and teachers the space, opportunity and freedom to be the best version of themselves that they can be. We will do this by providing the best possible environment, teachers, training and classes to give people the ‘yoga tools’ to enrich their own lives and to make this world better.