We’ve landed safely in another month of 2017 and it’s just about to get busier for us here at Ard Nahoo – and we couldn’t be any more excited.
We are honoured that they have chosen Ard Nahoo for their venue a second time.
Ancient Lomi Lomi is a rare form of Hawaiian Massage, originating in Pre-Polynesian Hawai’i. Working with the Physical, Mental, Emotional, Spiritual and Ancestral Bodies. Ancient Lomi Lomi is designed to awaken cellular consciousness and bring us into alignment with our deepest Self.
The first week of the training from May 17th – 23rd will be open to all, but to attend the 2nd week from May 25th – 30th you must have had prior participant experience.
It is possible to attend the full two weeks for a totally immersive experience in the Ancient art of Lomi Lomi massage.
Facilitator, Jody Mountain, is a dancer, choreographer and teacher with 25 years experience in various forms of movement dynamics and healing modalities. Since 1989, she has been studying, practicing and teaching the art of Ancient Lomi Lomi and it’s foundations in Ancient Hawaiian Wisdom. Jody has studied with Kahu Abraham Kawa’i, Aua’ia, Maka’i’ole, Uliama and brings forward the teaching of this lineage.
To learn more please contact organiser Caragh Munn via email at [email protected] or by phone to 087 240 6867 *Whatsapp or Text only
It will be a weekend of taking stock of all their experience and knowledge learnt over the last 7 months and making plans for how to put this into action for the future.
As you can imagine, the proverbial “craic” will be mighty as they have been such a fun group of trainees! The warmth they have brought to the studio has brought many smiles to all our faces.
As they have been guided by Noeleen since the beginning, they will be assisted further with the help of guest facilitators Denise Rushe, past student or Ard Nahoo and Freelance Travel Journalist Nicola Brady, through the ins and outs of what’s ahead in starting their own business.
We are looking forward to having the gang here for their graduation celebrations and wish them all the best wishes in the world for the future.
The Secrets Out
We are very lucky to have an incredible chef that can cook up a storm of nutritious & delicious meals for our many guests & visitors to Ard Nahoo.
Jo Lewis of The Edergole Kitchen provides menus that our both incredibly good for you and super tasty.
Recently, she made up a batch of truly scrumptious trail bars for our Lovely Leitrim & Move With Eze guests that were here for Venue Hire – they were very active and needed something to boost their energy levels!
Jo has kindly allowed us to share this recipe and we are delighted to be able to.
Trail/ Granola Bars
- vegetable oil
- 75 g flaked almonds
- 250 g rolled oats
- 40 g sunflower seeds , or pumpkin seeds
- 100 g runny honey
- 6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter , or almond butter
- 10 Medjool dates , stones in
- 40 g bran
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 50 g sour cherries , or dried cranberries
- 50 g dried apricots
- 100g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Lightly grease a 22cm-square baking dish with oil, then set aside.
- Put the almonds to a large baking tray with the oats and seeds. Spread them out into an even layer and place in the hot oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden, stirring halfway through.
- Gently heat the honey and nut butter in a small pan over a low heat. Meanwhile, slit open the dates, pull out and discard the stones, then place into a blender with 200ml of warm water.
- Blitz to a paste, stir into the warmed honey mixture, then leave to cool.
- Transfer the toasted oat mixture to a large bowl with the bran, cinnamon and salt. Roughly chop and stir in the dried fruit, then mix in the honey mixture until well combined.
- Spoon it into the prepared baking dish, using the back of a spoon to press it into an even layer.
- Bake in the hot oven for 15 minutes, or until golden and set.
- Leave to cool slightly, turn it out onto a board and cut into squares, then set aside to cool completely.
- Put the chocolate in a glass bowl and melt in gently over a pan of simmering water. Drizzle over the bars.
- Store in an airtight container
Please do send some feedback if you give these yummy treats a try. Thanks Jo!
Jaye is for June
Advanced Asana & Teaching Skills is taking place from June 10th – 14th and we are currently running further Early Bird deals for all who are interested.
Your options are as follows:
Full 5 Day Programme including all classes/workshops and teacher sessions
€650 – no accommodation / €625 EARLY BIRD until May 10th
€750 – with 4 nights shared student accommodation / €725 EARLY BIRD until May 10th!
5 Day Retreat Style – Get away for 4 nights and attend the morning workshop and afternoon class daily (does not include the teacher sessions) – including 4 nights shared student accommodation in Eco Cabins – €485
Morning Workshops 2.5 hours – €65 / €55 Early Bird before May 10th
Full Day Training – €155/ €140 Early Bird before May 10th
Email [email protected] to register your interest in attending a Morning Workshop and/or Full Day Training
If you would like to get on board this exciting 5 days of yoga training then please do get in touch, We’d love to hear from you and are happy to answer any queries.
Just contact [email protected] or call 071 913 4939
The time is almost near for this years Samavesha, the annual Anusara® Yoga Festival.
Our very own Noeleen, founder & director of Ard Nahoo and Certified Anusara Yoga Teacher extraordinaire will be teaching at this very festival, alongside a wealth of other yoga teacher talent.
The festival will begin May 30th and run through until June 4th in the beautiful Italian town of Merano.
If you would like to join Noeleen here for 6 amazing days of yogic goodness then please visit the Anusara School of Hatha Yoga’s Eventbrite page.
Another gorgeous morning of birdsong is on the way facilitated by the delightful duo of Adventure Gently.
Celebrate the coming of Springtime in style and take advantage of the perfect weather for this guided canoe ride along the River Bonet in Dromahair.
Last year, Noeleen brought her 200hr students on this gorgeous journey and it was thoroughly enjoyed by all. It is an experience not to be missed.
If you would like to join the crew on May 7th contact Graham & Adrienne on 0851 821547.