We’re back with Ard Nahoo’s Friday Five. We love to share our tips, recipes and things we love with you. As you start to wind down for a stormy weekend ahead (hello Storm Ciara) here’s our top 5 for the week.
Jeannine is a wonderful Certified Anusara Yoga Teacher and Naturotherapist who some of you may have met last summer during our Secret Heart Festival .
‘Yoga is a passion that consistently opens me to the joy of life; teaching is the vehicle I use to share my passion with others so that they too can experience the joy of life’ – Jeannine Plaiche
We have some excellent news for you, you can practice with her too through her Youtube Channel. She has a number of different classes so roll your mat out for the weekend and enjoy!
Recipe of the week: Stuffed Onions
- Put the stock and wine into a medium pot and bring to the boil
- Trim the top and bottom of the onions and cut them lengthways and remove the skin
- Gently remove the insides
- Separate the outer layers (3 – 4 depending on the size of your onion)
- Place them into the simmering liquid a few at a time and cook 3-4 minutes until they are tender
- Drain well and cool slightly, hold on to the stock
- Grate the tomatoes into a large bowl. Most of the skin will be left in your hands.
- Add in the breadcrumbs, feta, parsley, olive oil, garlic, scallions, salt and a good twist of pepper and mix well
- Fill each onion layer generously with stuffing. Fold the side in over the stuffing so that it looks like a fat misshapen cigar
- Place the onions skin size down in the buttered dish and pour over about 75ml of the reserved stock so the the base of the dish is covered
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until the onions are golden brown and bubbling. Keep you eye on them and add more stock if they are dry during the cooking process
Get in touch if you give this recipe a go!
With a busy and stormy weekend ahead (in all senses!) we recommend taking some time to yourself to chill and wind down. And what better way that trying this variation of Viparita Karani or Legs-Up-The-Wall Pose, all you need is a chair. Here’s a throwback to a video we recorded Christmas 2018. Watch HERE
- Aids relaxation
- Calms the mind
- Regulates blood flow
- Relieves lower back tension
- Restores tired feet or legs
- Helps keep you young and vital
The list of benefits are endless, give it a try and let us know how you feel after.
Irish Botanica Echinacea
Irish Botanica Echinacea is a traditional herbal medicine product that has been especially formulated by medical herbalist David Foley. We are LOVING it. With lots of colds of and flu’s looming around, we have been taking a combination of this and bio-care vitamin C, keeping us strong and healthy!
Last, but certainly not least is Little Women. We took ourselves out of Ard Nahoo last night to see it and we were blown away. Our very own Saoirse Ronan plays a wonderful portrayal of Jo. The cinematography, costume design and excellent cast left us leaving the cinema with full hearts. If you haven’t seen it yet, we recommend you go!
Stay warm during the stormy weather over the weekend!
The Team at Ard Nahoo x