The Gift of Restorative Yoga with Noeleen Tyrrell
In a world that drives us onwards at high speed it is vitally important to know how to and when to stop. As a modern society that usually means looking at TV, checking social media, having a drink or similar. The gift of yoga and in particular restorative yoga is to give us a powerful tool for remaining healthy and balanced as we live our lives to the fullest.
This is a 4 day intensive training & is a 40 hour YAP registered course
What you will cover
- The Art of Relaxation – Opening to Grace
- The Science of Relaxation
- Benefits of Restorative Practice
- How to support relaxation – props
- Sequencing Restorative Practice
- Teaching Restorative Yoga
- Using a class theme to enhance the experience
- Other supports to enhance the experience – yoghandha, music, silence
- Incorporating meditation and pranayama to deepen the practice
- Philosophy as an underpinning support to all yoga practice
- Learn how to develop a deep restorative yoga practice
- Learn how to teach restorative yoga
- Learn how to use yoga props to support the practice
- Learn how to create intuitive and intelligent class plans
This course is 28 contact hours and 12 non contact hours
For teachers who wish to receive the YAP Certification the following course work must be completed within 6 weeks of the last day of the course
- Attend a restorative class and create and submit a report
- Create 2 class plans and
- Teach 2 x 1.5hour ‘one on one’ or other small classes
- Create and submit a report on both classes
- 4 hours required reading, contemplation and practice
This is open to yoga teachers & trainees who wish to teach this powerful practice. If you wish to receive the YAP certification (under its ‘vocational teaching’ section) as a Restorative Yoga Teacher you must complete course work for assessment and certification,
The course is also open to dedicated practitioners who wish to deepen their personal practice.
Furthermore, this course is open to therapists and movement practitioners who wish to explore this powerful practice for use with family and friends. Open to all with a minimum of 1 years yoga practice. A certificate of attendance can be issued upon request but only trained yoga teachers can teach Restorative Yoga to the public.
Upon successful completion yoga teachers will receive an Ard Nahoo Yoga School certificate in Restorative Yoga Teaching. The course is in the process of being registered with Yoga Alliance Professionals.
Non yoga teachers will receive a certificate of completion on request.
Cost and Payment
4 Day Intensive Programme + – €600 (Earlybird €550)
Ard Nahoo Graduates Rate (as above) – €550 (Earlybird €500)
Deposit of €300 is required for registration. The balance is due 1 month before the course begins.
3 Days 13th – 15th September
Non Yoga Teachers rate – €500 (Earlybird €425) – certificate of attendance upon request
All training with Noeleen is eligible for CPD points with YAP and YA in USA