Next Course Starts in December 2021
Join us on our next Anusara 230hr (200 contact & 30 non contact hours) Teacher Training course for a journey of self discovery. Our teacher training is a place to nurture and cultivate resilience, strength, empathy, joy, connection and compassion – all qualities that we need in our lives and in our community right now.
The Anusara 200hr Part-Time programme is made up of two distinct 100 hour courses, each with its own distinct curriculum. Both courses are superbly designed to bring the student on a journey of self-enquiry, deepening of personal practice and learning how to teach what you know and understand in a clear and empowering way. In this programme we will complete the Immersion and move directly to Teacher Training.
For details on the signing up for the Anusara Yoga Immersion course only, click here.
|PT100I – Anusara Yoga Immersion Course||PT100T – Anusara Yoga Teacher Training Course|
|Yoga is so much more than simply moving on your mat, it is a potent means for self-discovery and requires that the practitioner has courage to open up not only the physical body but the heart and mind too. In this part-time training we offer space and guidance to do just that while going deeper into the practice and learning.
In this introduction to the basic philosophy, alignment principles and practice of Anusara yoga, we will study and explore:
-Universal Principles of Alignment™ – technique, lectures and asana practice
-Pranayama and Meditation
-Anatomy and Physiology
-Journaling and contemplation
The Immersion is a pre-requisite for registration in the Anusara Teacher Training!
|Anusara yoga offers students, teachers and trainees one of the best yoga teacher training an opportunities in the world. Students will use the skills and knowledge acquired in the Immersion and add to that key teaching skills that will help them grow into wonderful confident yoga teachers.
After completion of the Immersion course students can move onto the Teacher Training where you will study and explore:
-Universal Principles of Alignment™
-Pranayama and Meditation Practice
-Philosophy and Lifestyle
-Anatomy & Physiology
-Teaching Skills – teaching systematically, giving effective instructions, observation, demonstration, teaching what you know
-Adjustments and Assisting
- Applicants for the 200 hour programme must have a practice and understanding of yoga from attending weekly classes and/or having a home practice. It is difficult to say in terms of ‘years of practice’ how many are required as everybody starts at a different point and learns at a different rate. We will have assess the suitability of each person individually.
- Application form including photo of student in Trikonasana (Triangle), Adho Mukha Svanasana (Dog head down) and Sukasana (easy sitting or other sitting pose) must be submitted. Please do not be intimidated by the photos, they are only needed to give us an idea of your sense of alignment in practice. If you are able to come and meet us on one of our open days or another time that suits then there will be no need for photos.
- For those who have no prior experience of Anusara Yoga you must before beginning the course complete a 6 Week Beginners Anusara Yoga Course online via YogaBubble. The course can be taken in your own time and you will have access to 6 Ansuara Yoga Classes and Tutorials. Details on how to register for this course gifted from us will be sent once you register and pay your the required fee. (This course is available to all registrants regardless of their experience with the method)
- A love of yoga, stamina and a strong work ethic
- 5 x 5 Day modules – Wednesday – Sunday – 9am – 5/6pm
- 100 hours (for the Immersion) or 200 contact hours. This means you are with Noeleen in the class room for that amount of time. Many 200 hour courses have as little as 80 contact hours with the rest being made up of online pre-recorded classes or your own study
- Study in a purpose built yoga school where you can open to the natural beauty and energy of all the yoga teachers and students that have come before you over the past 20 years
- Opportunity to study with a world class teacher trainer who has 30 years of practice, study and experience to share
- Small classes (14 max) so lots of individual attention
- 5 Day residential retreat as part of the 200 Hour course. Eat, breathe and sleep yoga with your fellow students
- An introduction to Anusara Yoga 6 Week Online course – giving you the opportunity to practice at home before and during the training
Upcoming 2021 programme dates as follows:
Anusara® School of Hatha Yoga (ASHY) – upon successful completion of the course students may register with ASHY as an Elements Teacher.
Ard Nahoo is a registered yoga school with Yoga Alliance (YA) – upon successful completion of the course students may register with YA.
December 2021 – May 2022
Registration Fee: €3,434.00
Non-refundable Booking Deposit of €500 required to secure place
Early Bird Registration Fee: €3,127 if paid in full before July 1st 2021
Includes Anusara School of Hatha Yoga Fee – 2.5%
Pay Deposit €500
€1,500 due on 30th August
€1,450 due on 25th February
N.B. Course manuals and books are extra (approx. €100)
Email [email protected] for more information or to book your place today. (Limited classroom places available)
Andrea Farrell, 200 hr Graduate 2019
“I thoroughly enjoyed my time training under Noeleen Tyrrell at Ard Nahoo. She is an amazing teacher with so much to give. I felt the 200hrs Yoga Teacher Training course give me the tools to begin my Yoga teaching journey. Everything from the depth of study into the philosophy of yoga , to anatomy, to proper alignment in poses and practice in teaching classes was covered , with great skill.
I believe this course has benefited me and helped me learn so much more about yoga both from a personal point of view and from a teaching aspect. I met some amazing people during the course and made some amazing friendships for life”
Gráinne Mulligan Ribic, 200hr Graduate 2019
From the open day at Ard Nahoo onwards my life changed direction in ways that were out of my hands. It was my first Anusara class and I was hooked. After the class with Noeleen I knew she had to be the teacher I undertook my training with, the way she wove and guided our minds and bodies in the class was pure skill in action.
Open to Grace, Anusara’s principal has become key to my life and since I’ve embraced it life has become a lot easier. Noeleen lives what she teaches and it was a natural flow to follow her lead and study hard and constantly work while I was studying at Ard Nahoo. Naturally life still has ups and downs. I now understand that I will be learning for the rest of my life.
Genuine philosophy, meditation and classes that are extremely challenging and where you see your body and practice evolve quickly are all a given at Ard Nahoo. My understanding of anatomy is hugely improved and Noeleen expects the same high standards from her students. This is not a course where coasting through is an option, you’ll come out the other end a qualified, motivated and empowered teacher. The friends I made in Ard Nahoo are amongst the most amazing people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting.
Something was clearly going right as Clare Larkin from 360 Hot Yoga where I was a member asked if I’d be interested in learning and teaching the Absolute yoga sequence when I qualified. To make a story short, I was incredibly lucky to leave my 200hr qualification from Ard Nahoo and go straight to a job as a yoga teacher. I love teaching yoga, the energy, the positivity, the people that I meet along the way. I feel so blessed and so grateful and it all began with one amazing class with Noeleen.”
*Covid & Changes to the Course delivery*
The course will take place at Ard Nahoo unless Covid restrictions dictate otherwise. If we cannot safely have students in the yoga room the course will move online until such time we can work in person.
Please carefully read and fill out our online Terms & Conditions.